A. Background and Introduction
Epitome Parlor can be accessed at www.epitomeparlor.co.za,
including related mobile sites and applications, as well as Social Media
platforms, Instant Messaging Apps and Email services (hereinafter referred to
as “the site” and/or “Epitome Parlor site” and/or “Epitome
Parlor”). The site enables buyers to shop for items including skin care
products by Epitome Parlor brands (“the products”) and order online and
have them delivered door-to-door, to nearest post office or via pick-up points
within South Africa. All visitors to the site (hereinafter referred to as
“users” or “you”) will be able to see all the products on
offer, but only those who have registered for an account on Epitome Parlor
(“account holders” or “you”) are able to make purchases.
Legally binding contract
All visitors, users and account holders, including those that make purchases from the Epitome Parlor site (“buyers”) are bound by Epitome Parlor’s terms and conditions (“T&Cs”). By visiting, registering, or using the site, you agree to have read, agreed and accepted to be bound by these T&Cs. Should there be any clause in these T&Cs that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask Epitome Parlor for explanation or clarification before you accept the T&Cs or using and making purchases from the site.
The site is owned and operated by Epitome Parlor SA (Pty) Ltd., operating as Epitome Parlor, a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa (herein after referred to as “Epitome Parlor”).
The user should note that the stock of all items on offer may be limited. Epitome Parlor will make plausible efforts to ensure that all offers are closed when stock runs out. In the unlikely event that Epitome Parlor is unable to fulfil any order at the offered price due to unavailable stock, Epitome Parlor will inform the buyer via email and reimburse the Rand value the buyer has paid for the product.
Changes to Service Terms and Conditions
Epitome Parlor may, when necessary and at its own discretion, change these terms and conditions or any part or parts thereof. As indicated in these T&Cs, it is the responsibility of the user or registered account holder or customer to familiarise yourself with the T&Cs before using this site. By visiting, registering, or using Epitome Parlor site, you recognise that you’ve read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs.
B. Buying products
- Epitome Parlor allows you, the user, to make electronic orders (“order”) for products on offer as long as the products are available and not out of stock.
- A purchasing contract (“sale”) between you and Epitome Parlor only comes into effect once you have completed AND submitted the online order form for one or more products in your shopping cart (“cart”) AND your payment has been acknowledged/authorized by Epitome Parlor (or has been received into Epitome Parlor’s bank account).
- The above purchasing contract is dependent on the product being available.
- Products on Epitome Parlor cannot be reserved to be bought at a later stage and placing products in your shopping cart without completing the purchase or making payments does not result in a “sale”.
- Epitome Parlor may remove any product(s) from your shopping cart before the sale takes place, in the event of the product not being available or going out of stock.
- Epitome Parlor cannot be held responsible if the product(s) you added to your cart go out of stock or become unavailable when you are completing the sale.
- A tax invoice will be emailed to the email address registered on your Epitome Parlor profile. A delivery note will be included with your order – please note that prices are not visible on the delivery note.
C. Cancelling orders
- Epitome Parlor reserves the right to refuse/reject processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely, with a written notice sent to you.
- Epitome Parlor will be liable to repay the rand value paid only if you have paid for the cancelled order. You have the right to report defective products within 24 hours of the order being delivered and return defective products purchased within 7-days of the order being delivered.
- Epitome Parlor reserves the right to refuse any order placed, and the processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely, in the interest of preventing fraud.
- Epitome Parlor may request identification or documentation to complete the necessary fraud checks and to cancel any order when the necessary documentation is not provided in the specified time.
- In the event of a fraudulent purchase being made on Epitome Parlor, cardholders are advised to initiate a refund via their bank to be refunded. Epitome Parlor does not process refunds for payments suspected of fraud.
- Epitome Parlor does not provide order/payments details relating to orders/payments suspected of fraud.
E. Product Pricing
- The price of every product is given on the product information page (“the product page”) on the website. The product price displayed is inclusive of VAT at the current applicable VAT rate.
- The regular price is the standard price that Epitome Parlor charges for its product. When a product is not on sale, or included in a discount or promotion, the regular price is the price you will pay when you purchase the product (“purchase price”).
- Please note that regular price can change over time or several seasons. The regular price applicable at the time the product is introduced may differ from the regular price at the time you place your purchase.
- When Epitome Parlor is having a sale or promotion, the sale/discount price is shown on the product’s product page, as well as the Regular Retail Price (“RRP”). The discount price will be shown, and the regular price will be shown alongside it – but will be crossed out.
- When a sale/discount price is shown on the product page, the sale/discount price is the price you will pay when you add the product to your cart and conclude the sale or make payments before the sale or promo period ends.
- Every plausible effort will be made to ensure that the regular price and, if applicable, the sale/discount price of all products on Epitome Parlor are accurate at the time of your purchase. If, however, the product is offered at an incorrect price, Epitome Parlor is not obliged to supply the product at the incorrect price.
- Epitome Parlor will only be liable to refund payment already made should you choose to cancel the order once you have been made aware of the correct price.
F. Delivery fees
- For delivery within Gauteng South Africa, Epitome Parlor charges a non-refundable R60 fee to deliver, with either standard delivery, door-to-door or to your nearest pick up point.
- For delivery outside Gauteng South Africa, Epitome Parlor charges a non-refundable R100 fee to deliver, with either standard delivery, door-to-door or to your nearest pick up point.
- International deliveries are quoted on a case-by case basis. Please contact us for international delivery.
- Epitome Parlor does not deliver to PO Box addresses.
- Every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the delivery costs displayed on the site are correct at the time of your purchase. However, if a delivery fee is incorrectly displayed, Epitome Parlor will not be obliged to deliver products at an incorrect delivery fee. Epitome Parlor will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct delivery fee.
G. Making a payment
You can pay on Epitome Parlor using Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card, via Electronic Funds `transfer (EFT), Mobicred, PayD, bitcoin and masterpass. When you place an order, the transaction details are presented to your bank for authorisation of the payment amount.
If authorisation is declined, the order will be cancelled. If authorisation is granted, payment is usually confirmed immediately. You guarantee that you are fully authorised to use the card / account for payment of your order and that there are sufficient funds in the card / account to cover the costs of the transactions you make on Epitome Parlor.
Epitome Parlor utilizes third party courier companies to deliver its products to client.
- As the buyer, you specify the address in South Africa where you require delivery, including contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
- Your parcel will be delivered to the address you indicated in the checkout process.
- For returned orders, should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed.
- The estimated delivery time will be indicated on the product page (under additional information). Kindly ensure you check the delivery time before placing the order. Delivery time are typically as described below:
AND URBAN CENTERS
We deliver within 2 working days from the time your payment is confirmed in our account.
REMOTE AND RURAL AREAS
We deliver within 2 to 5 working days from the time payment is confirmed in our account.
Please contact us for delivery outside South Africa.
- As indicated, all Epitome Parlor standard deliveries take place during business hours. Hence, there are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take note of this when calculating your delivery time and when selecting your delivery address.
- A delivery is considered complete when the parcel is accepted and signed for by the customer or by anyone acting on their behalf at the delivery address.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the parcel is inspected on arrival and register any justifiable complaints. The receiver has the right to refuse the parcel if it appears to have been opened or if it is clearly damaged.
- Complaints and claims must be brought to the attention of Epitome Parlor by contacting our call centre at 078 700 7936 (Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00 and Saturdays, 10:00 to 15:00).
- If a parcel is declared missing by our third-party courier company, should stock be available, a replacement will be sent to the buyer via the same delivery method.
- If stock is not available, the order (at the rand value at the time of purchase) plus any additional delivery fee charged will be refunded.
- Epitome Parlor will contact the buyer/customer in both cases to inform/advise on possible delays and/or preferred refund method.
I. Defective items, returns and reimbursement
- If a buyer is dissatisfied with a purchase due to a defect, incorrect product choice or other justifiable reason, the buyer should contact Epitome Parlor within 24 hours of delivery to lodge a complaint (call centre at 078 700 7936, Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00 and Saturdays, 10:00 to 15:00). The buyer may also send the proof of the defect/complaint (by taking pictures of the defect/complaint) and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the purchase details. Epitome Parlor will then investigate the claim and decide on the next course of action, including a replacement order, refund of payment or whether the claim is unsubstantiated. The outcome will be communicated to the buyer who may then be required to return the product (with barcoded tags attached – if applicable) to Epitome Parlor within 7 days of recall been issued. The buyer can either receive a Epitome Parlor account credit or a refund, or have the product repaired or replaced, depending on the situation.
- In the case where a defective product or incorrect item is delivered, Epitome Parlor will evaluate each case and issue a refund upon adequate proof of the damaged/incorrect item.
- Where there is no defect or error on orders, Epitome Parlor does not accept exchange or return of orders or products.
J. Sales records
Records of each transaction between the buyer and Epitome Parlor are kept on the site for 3 – 12 months after a purchase or transaction. During this time, the buyer will be able to view and print these records. Beyond the 12-month period, the responsibility of keeping the sale record falls on the buyer.
K. Sales & Promotions
From time to time, Epitome Parlor may release digital or printed or digital coupons (“coupons”) through the website and other media. Coupons can be used to secure a discount on the Epitome Parlor site until it expires. Specified expiry dates cannot be changed.
- Promotional coupons are issued at Epitome Parlor’s discretion. Users don’t have the right to promotional coupons and can’t earn them.
- Sales/promotional coupons are issued with specific terms and conditions that regulate how and when they can be used.
- A coupon/sale/promo is valid for a specific period, and Epitome Parlor reserve the right to cancel or suspend the coupon/sale/promo period.
- Only one promo/sale coupon can be used per shopping cart. Coupons are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The discount value of the coupon will be deducted from the total amount in your shopping cart. The remaining balance, if any, must be paid by you.
- Creation/registration of multiple Epitome Parlor accounts, using different email addresses, to take advantage of a sale/discount/coupon on multiple occasions, is abuse of privilege/benefit and Epitome Parlor reserves the right not to release these orders or authorize the purchase.
- Should the buyer wish to return an item purchased using a coupon: Epitome Parlor will refund you or credit your account with the rand value of the purchase apart from the coupon amount. Coupons/promos/discounts amount are not transferrable.
Promo/Sale/Discount coupons cannot be:
- Used to buy gift vouchers
- Exchanged for cash
- Transferred to someone else
- Used after the expiry date
- Used together with any other sales/promo, including items already on sale or items discounted as part of another sales/promotional offer.
- Epitome Parlor utilizes Secure SSL encryption technology to provide customers with a safe and secure online shopping experience. All transactions are encrypted, and servers are secure to ensure safe protection of private information. Epitome Parlor will never sell or provide customers information to a third party.
- Anyone downloading or trying to download malware or damaging coding on this site, or who tries to gain unauthorised access to any page on this site, will be charged and prosecuted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- Epitome Parlor will file and claim civil damages from such person if Epitome Parlor suffers any damage or loss.
- You, the buyer, agree and guarantee that the username and password you use to log in is for your own personal use only, and will not be passed on to any third party.
- You, the buyer, agrees to allow Epitome Parlor to take all steps reasonably possible to ensure the integrity and security of the site and in the administrative office.
- All credit card transactions on the site are protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and reinforced by various encryption processes with the aim of offering the most effective possible protection of any sensitive information. Epitome Parlor has no access to any confidential information regarding your payment method.
- Only Epitome Parlor’s banking partner (Payfast) will access confidential information (Such as your credit card number, expiry date, CVV etc.) from time to time.
- Epitome Parlor’s registered domain name and registration documents are verified and underwritten.
Epitome Parlor is responsible for adhering to the South
African Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) with the sale of
any products from the site. Similarly, Epitome Parlor is responsible for
complying with articles 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communication and
Transactions Act in terms of payment systems and security.
However, neither Epitome Parlor nor any of its staff and representatives will be held responsible for any loss or damage or accountability of any kind that arises from the use of (or inability to use) the Epitome Parlor site, its services or content.
In addition, Epitome Parlor offers no guarantee or assurance, implied or otherwise, that the content or technology attached to this website is free of errors or omissions. Nor is there any assurance or guarantee whatsoever that service will be 100% uninterrupted or faultless. We encourage you to report any possible defects or malfunctions and errors by emailing email@example.com.
Users are encouraged to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our call centre at 084 223 4454 or 011 043 4549 (Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00 and Saturdays, 10:00 to 15:00)
Although the products and services on the site may be under guarantee, the site itself is offered on an “as is” basis and is not set up or delivered according to users individual specifications.
It is the user’s responsibility, before accepting these T&Cs, to determine whether the service available through this website satisfies the users individual needs and is compatible with the users hardware or software. Information, concepts, ideas and opinions expressed on this web site should not be regarded as professional or official advice, or as Epitome Parlor’s official stance.
Users are advised to seek professional opinions before taking any action on the strength of information, concepts or ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
N. Applicable Laws
- This site is launched, offered, controlled and run from the Republic of South Africa. As Such it is governed by legislation of the Republic of South African, and subject to the dispute’s clause in these T&Cs.
- You, the user and Epitome Parlor are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts. Every individual section of these terms and conditions must be read separately from the rest of the terms and conditions.
- Should any court or qualified authority in the Republic of South Africa find that any of the terms are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these terms and conditions will remain standing and binding, despite the invalidity or unenforceability of an individual terms and conditions.
Barring urgent or interim legal help that may be granted by
a court of law: In the event of any disputes of any kind between you and Epitome
Parlor, arising out of any situation catered for in these terms or conditions
(or that arises out of these terms and conditions) and that cannot be resolved
by the Epitome Parlor support centre, the dispute may be presented for
Such arbitration will be handled according to the rules stipulated by the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa.
P. Termination and Discontinuation
These terms and conditions take effect on the 1st May
2018 or the date of first publication on the website and continue
indeterminately. The terms and conditions may be revised by Epitome Parlor from
time to time (as described above), for as long as the website continues to
exist and operated. Epitome Parlor is entitled to terminate these terms and
conditions or shut down the website at any time, subject to processing any
pending purchases and clearing user acounts.
If the user does not meet their obligations regarding these terms and conditions, including any incidents regarding payment and pricing on an order, and you neglect to correct, fulfil or rectify such non-adherence within 3 working days after Epitome Parlor has instructed you to do so, your access to the service may or will be blocked.
Epitome Parlor reserves the right to close your account and deny you access to the site, depending on the severity of your actions. Such action on the part of Epitome Parlor will not have any negative effect on any damages Epitome Parlor may claim.
Q. Copyright and other intellectual property
All and any copyright relating to the website, including these terms and conditions, is held by Epitome Parlor (and partners). All rights not expressly claimed or given are reserved. You may view, use, download and print content from this site only for private and non-commercial ends. To obtain permission for commercial use of any content from this site, please send an email email@example.com. Epitome Parlor may not be able to edit, screen or censor all content on the site, and will not be held accountable for illegal, libellous or obscene content. We advise you to inform Epitome Parlor of any offensive or illegal material. All content, trademarks and data on this website, including but not limited to software, databases, text, graphics, icons, links, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or under licence of Epitome Parlor. As such, they are protected by local and international legislation and agreements.
R. Electronic communication
When users sign up for Epitome Parlor newsletter or communication, agree to marketing communication, register an account, conclude a purchase, visit the site or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you agree to get electronic communication from Epitome Parlor.
S. Links, Bots, ‘Framing’, ‘Crawlers’ and ‘Spiders’
No bots, person, software, written codes, business or
website may be linked to any page on this site without prior written permission
from Epitome Parlor. Such permission can be obtained by sending an email
Links to non-Epitome Parlor sites available on this website are provided “as is” and Epitome Parlor does not necessarily agree with the content of these sites, since Epitome Parlor is unable to edit or underwrite or control the content of these sites.
No bots, person, software, written codes, business or website may use any technology to extract information from this site without prior written permission from Epitome Parlor. Such permission can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com.
T. Epitome Parlor corporate information
The Electronic Communication and Transactions Act determines
that when goods or services are provided via certain electronic transactions,
the seller must make certain information public on the site where the goods or
services are offered.
Epitome Parlor information is as follows:
Epitome Beauty Parlor Proprietary Limited
Trading as Epitome Parlor or Epitome Parlor
Epitome Parlor Address:
330 3rd road,
Halfway Gardens, 1686